Part-time CSA Packer (Seattle)
About the farm
Collins Family Orchards is a fourth generation family farm growing a variety of tree fruits in Selah, WA and servicing the greater Seattle area. We grow organically and sell our fruit to multiple Seattle-area restaurants. We also have an all-fruit CSA with around 1,000 members, which we deliver to throughout the greater Seattle area.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a dependable and outgoing CSA Packers to pack our CSA boxes and prepare them for delivery. A typical warehouse pack shift is 6 hours. We prefer employees who are able to commit to the summer and fall season (July – November). We prefer applicants who can commit to both shifts on Monday and Tuesday.
Collins Family Orchards is fun, and fast-paced environment that will put you in close contact with organic, locally grown produce! This is a great way to work in a stress-free environment and meet new people who shared a love for sustainable agriculture and fresh produce.
Monday/Tuesday: 7am – 1pm
Pay: $15/hour + occasional employee meals & BBQ + free fruit!
Location: This position is based out of our warehouse in Magnolia, located at 3101 W Commodore Way, Seattle, WA 98199
Job duties include:
· Building and stacking boxes
· Working in an assembly line to pack fruit into boxes
· Organizing and storing boxes for delivery
· Conducting quality control
· Working in a team setting
Please note: This position is located in Seattle at our warehouse located near the Ballard locks in Magnolia. You must have reliable transportation to this area–there is a bike path and multiple bus lines that reach the neighborhood if you do not have a car.
Our ideal candidate is:
· Friendly, positive, and has an upbeat attitude
· Passionate about sustainable agriculture and local food
· Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
· Consistent attention to detail and ability to multitask
· Ability to work efficiently on a team and independently
· Familiar with a warehouse setting
· Flexible with scheduling and committed to working a seasonal position June – December
· Able to stand/work in your feet for six hours
· Able to give and receive constructive criticism gracefully
If you are interested in applying for the Warehouse Associate position, please send a resume to Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a brief description of your work experience, why you are interested in working for Collins Family Orchards, and at least two work references.