Part-time Delivery Driver (Seattle)
About the farm
Collins Family Orchards is a fourth generation family farm growing a variety of tree fruits in Selah, WA and servicing the greater Seattle area. We grow organically and sell our fruit to multiple Seattle-area restaurants. We also have an all-fruit CSA with around 1,000 members, which we deliver to throughout the greater Seattle area.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a dependable and outgoing delivery driver to make restaurant and CSA deliveries around the Seattle area. A typical delivery shift is 6-8 hours. We prefer employees who are able to commit to the summer and fall season (May – December) with potential to continue part-time in the winter.
We prefer applicants who are interested in working part-time or fulltime, at least two delivery shifts per week. We would love drivers who are interested in our CSA delivery shifts to also work our CSA pack shifts on Monday and Wednesdays and would prefer full-time employees to work this schedule.
We strongly prefer employees with experience driving a utility van and clean driving record. A two-week trial period will be required to make sure you are confortable driving our vans and navigating the city. A background check on your driving record will be completed.
Delivery driving for Collins Family Orchards is fun, fast-paced and will put you in close contact with community members and restaurants that love organic food and produce! This is a great way to see the city and deliver farm fresh produce to the community!
Shift options – time may vary depending on season
Tuesday/Wednesday, 7am-3pm - CSA deliveries
Pay: $17-18/hour based on experience
Location: This position is based out of our warehouse in Magnolia, located at: 3101 W Commodore Way, Seattle, WA 98199
Job duties include:
· Loading and driving a utility van
· Driving around Seattle with a packed van of precious fruit!
· Ensuring quality upon delivery
· Navigating using our delivery app on your smartphone (smart phone and experience using mobile navigation apps strongly preferred, but not required)
· Providing a friendly and amazing customer experience for our restaurant partners and CSA members
Please note: This position is located in Seattle. As a delivery driver, you will start your shift at our warehouse located near the Ballard locks in Magnolia. You must have reliable transportation to this area–there is a bike path and multiple bus lines that reach the neighborhood if you do not have a car.
This position requires a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Our ideal candidate is:
· Friendly, positive, and has an upbeat attitude
· Passionate about sustainable agriculture and local food
· Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
· Consistent attention to detail and ability to multitask
· Willingness to work in inclement conditions
· Good problem solving skills and able to think on your feet
· Confident and able to work independently and complete deliveries in a timely manner
· Flexible with scheduling and committed to working a seasonal position June - December
· Able to give and receive constructive criticism gracefully
If you are interested in applying for the Delivery Driver position, please send a resume to Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include a brief description of your work experience, why you are interested in working for Collins Family Orchards, and at least two work references.