Collins Family Orchards is a 4th generation family farm located in Selah, WA and servicing the greater Seattle area. It is a fun, fast-paced, community environment and the job will put you in close contact with hundreds of people who love organic food and produce! We are a growing farm and are primarily interested in someone who is interested in growing with us! Though this position is currently part-time and seasonal, there are always more shifts to pick up around the warehouse or at the farmers market, so it could become full-time depending on what you are looking for. However, please keep in mind that the position is currently seasonal.
Monday - Wednesdays, 7am - 1pm
· Assisting our CSA and Restaurant & Wholesale Sales Manager, Isabel!
· Managing our CSA pack daily operations, communicating and scheduling employee shifts
· Assisting with customer support e-mails and phone calls
· Assisting with restaurant orders and occasionally helping with deliveries
· Help out with events for our CSA members and restaurant partners
· Potential to cover or work farmers market shifts as well as delivery driving shifts
· Providing a friendly and amazing customer experience while problem solving on your feet
· Being knowledgeable about our products and growing practices and able to think on your feet or refer customers to the right person
· Standing and working on your feet for up to nine hours and being able to lift up to 50lbs
Perks of the job:
· Access to fresh, delicious fruit all summer long
· A trade stipend for lunch and groceries (when working the markets)
· Working outside with local, sustainable food, and helping bring farm fresh produce to the community
· Supporting a local, family-run farm
· Meeting new and awesome people who love organic and sustainable produce!
Please note: This position is located in Seattle. You will occasionally be able to work from home if you have a laptop, but you will primarily work out of our warehouse located near the Ballard locks in Magnolia. You must have reliable transportation to this area–there is a bike path and multiple bus lines that reach the neighborhood if you do not have a car. This position requires a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and a valid WA-state food handler’s permit. We will reimburse the cost of your food handler's permit if you need to get one or update it upon hiring.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
· Friendly, positive, and has an upbeat attitude
· Strong customer service skills
· Has a clean driving record and has experience driving a utility van and driving around the city
· Passionate about sustainable agriculture and local food
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment in the food industry
· Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
· Consistent attention to detail and ability to multitask
· Willingness to work in inclement conditions
· Good problem solving skills and able to think on your feet
· Adaptability between working in a team setting and working independently
· Flexible with scheduling and committed to working a seasonal position June - November
· Able to give and receive constructive criticism gracefully
If you are interested in applying for the Assistant Manager position, please send a resume to Isabel at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your e-mail, please include: a brief description of your work experience, why you are interested in working for Collins Family Orchards, and at least two work references.